It was opened in 2007 as a partnership between retired teachers and villagers. It is staffed by Cambodians working towards a safer and better future for Cambodian children.
Where we work: Working For Children selected a local in rural Siem Reap for its work. We will expand to other provinces as the finances allow.
Where to meet us? Contact Mr. Pean Pol at e-mail: email@example.com to arrange a visit the projects and see what we are doing? . Use the services of your hotel or Guesthouse if you are no confident. They can bring you to our office at : # Phum Ka Aktom , Khum Reul, Srok Puok , Siem Reap or contact to Rainbow Orphanage resident staff at (855)12 963 870 or 6888 5555
Mission: To ensure that less fortunate children in the rural community are cared for and given educational opportunities which will enable them to break out of the cycle of poverty.( Education for all, lean for help your self , your family and your communities).
Goals: To provide residential care for orphaned, poor, vulnerable and impoverished children and to ensure that they have full access to education, through school and through vocational training.
- To provide assistance for children who are living with impoverished families in the villages -in order to enable them to continue with their education and hence open up opportunities for employment.
- To relieve the hardship of orphaned, impoverished and vulnerable children whose parents have become the victims of war, landmines .
- To provide out-of-school English, Mathematics , Khmer literature and objects for exam classes to supplement the School Curriculum -catering for residential and village children.
- To extend the children's understanding of, and skills in traditional Khmer culture through Craft, Dance and Music classes and sewing at Rainbow.
- To role-model sound ecological principles in the setting up of vegetable gardens, orchards, fish breeding dams and mushroom farms - in addition to developing self sustainability for the orphanage and communities.
- To teaches villagers how grow and care for their home gardens as a method to prevent malnutrition. By keeping a home garden with varied vegetables, they will do not need to buy extra vegetables.
- To improve the school environment and water quality for children at school.
Vision: For these children to grow up healthy in a caring supportive environment and to receive an education , and skills that will enable them to develop into capable and contributing communities.